Happy 2024, readers and friends. I have many exciting plans and goals for my life as your Glenmont family photographer in the new year. But what is the good in making new plans without taking a moment to reflect on all of the goodness that last year brought? So today, I’m taking a beat to wrap up 2023, which was a truly pivotal year for my business as a Glenmont family photographer.
2023 was the year that I…
- Celebrated eight years of business! As of May 2023, I marked eight whole years of Meg Mosher Photography being my full-time gig. I’m so thrilled that I’ve been able to do what I truly love – photograph families – for this long.
- Dove head-first into education, by joining my first photography mastermind, Root to Rise, which culminated in a retreat in Washington, DC in September. During the retreat, I shadowed photography educators on in-home lifestyle family and newborn sessions, did goal-setting, and met with a group of like-minded photography peers. This has leveled-up Meg Mosher Photography so much that I am doing it again in 2024!
- Hosted my first-ever tree farm mini sessions! The tree farm sessions took place at the Majestic Tree Farm in Selkirk and 15 beautiful families participated.
2023 by the numbers…
- Photographed 107 families, 204 kids, and three sets of twins!
- Captured the first professional photographs of 26 newborns
- Drove 55 miles to Stockbridge, MA for a newborn session – marking my furthest drive of 2023
- My closest drive was just 2.6 miles away in my own neighborhood!
- Photographed 3 photographers and their families (always such an honor to be asked by another photographer!)
At the risk of getting sappy, these fast facts merely skim the surface. Upon reflection, I can’t help but feel that I can’t put a number on how impactful 2023 was for me and my business. I’m truly grateful to get to do what I love with so many of you here in the Capital region…and sometimes, beyond. I hope to see at least as many of you in 2024 – cheers to the New Year!
To get on my schedule or stay up-to-date on photo sessions in the Albany region, drop me a line to get on my newsletter list. Take a look below for some of my favorite moments from the first half of 2023! Stay tuned for favorite moments from fall 2023 in the coming weeks!